What is a continuous glucometer? How it works? Is it necessary to get one? Should we rely on one? There are dozens of questions that might pop into your head when you hear the word, continuous blood glucose monitor.
A continuous blood glucose monitor is more of a fitness companion than a blood glucose monitoring gadget. The HealthifyPro 2.0 comes with CGM (continuous blood glucose monitor), smart scale, deeper engagement with your coach, calorie, sleep and water tracking system and metabolic control system.
Everything you need for a healthier and safer weight loss journey to manage your metabolic health is now just a click away. A CGM is a wearable accessory that you can wear on your arm, and a sensor calculates your body’s real-time glucose levels.
Again, many questions arise. Who should use a continuous glucometer? When should you use a continuous glucometer, etc. ? So let’s try to learn more about the HealthifyPro CGM.
What does a continuous glucose monitor measure?
As its name suggests, this device allows you to measure your blood sugar. As soon as you attach a CGM to your arm, you can observe changes in your blood glucose levels throughout the day. Then, using sophisticated AI and coach interventions, you monitor and manage your blood sugar at any time of the day.
Therefore, a continuous glucometer is a useful tool to effortlessly track your blood sugar. Powered by AI, the HealthifyPro Continuous Blood Glucose Monitor connects to your mobile phone, laptop or computer depending on your choice. This way you have your weight loss journey completely in your hands.
If you are a hyperglycemic or hypoglycemic patient, you are probably familiar with the difficulties of tracking your blood sugar from time to time. However, regulating glucose levels within specified limits is of the utmost necessity. A sudden rise or fall in blood sugar is harmful to health.
Such conditions can lead to serious organic disorders if left untreated or undetected.
Who is he talking to ?
When it comes to using the continuous glucometer, it’s for everyone, not just if you have diabetes. There are no limiting factors such as an existing health condition, age or gender.
However, since blood sugar levels are intrinsically linked to weight fluctuations and several lifestyle diseases, including PCOS, hypertension, and diabetes, you can upgrade to a smart option like HealthifyPro CGM.
This technology and device helps you better understand your body and how it reacts to glucose levels. We most often eat foods that are tasty or that we think are healthy.
For example, some combinations of foods we eat, such as a simple plate of dal and rice, do not constitute a complete meal. It lacks good quality fats and fiber. A CGM can immediately let you and your trainer know how this food combination is affecting your blood sugar.
Therefore, adding a drizzle of homemade ghee and green salads can improve your blood sugar. Therefore, it becomes crucial to carry a kit that is easy to use and efficiently produces smart results.
Why do you need to track your blood sugar?
Well, tracking your blood sugar has many supreme benefits that can benefit you in the long run. Here are a few reasons why blood glucose monitoring is an important consideration:
- To check your blood sugar: Whether you have diabetes or not, it is always best to check your blood sugar from time to time. Therefore, using a continuous glucometer improves your overall health stats.
- Effective for people who regularly use insulin supplements: For diabetes or juvenile diabetes, you may be taking insulin medications or injections frequently. It is mandatory for you to constantly monitor your blood sugar throughout the day in such a situation. Thus, switching to a CGM is a practical step to take.
- It helps you focus on your weight loss goal: obesity is one of the main causes of type 2 diabetes. Increased fat levels reduce or decrease the potential of the enzyme insulin and impair its functionality . Therefore, if you are in the process of losing weight, you may want to take charge of your blood sugar. Therefore, calculating and regulating your blood sugar at various key junction points is a great way to lose weight fast.
- Monitors the risks associated with high and low insulin levels: Your blood sugar level can often be above the threshold limit or below the minimum limits. But how do you know if your blood sugar is falling or rising? Traditional methods would take forever to get the exact results. However, a HealthifyPro would provide your blood sugar in seconds without any flaws.
- It is effective in avoiding the long-term signs of diabetes: when you have your blood sugar control under control, you can freely make healthier choices. So, a HealthifyPro Continuous Blood Glucose Monitor will give you the freedom to make your diabetes journey a little light and easy. Plus, with regular tracking reports, you can manage your eating and other habits.
What are the benefits of Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM)?
A continuous blood glucose monitor is always a better and brighter choice than traditional blood glucose detection methods.
With developments in AI and technology, maintaining good health has become an easier task to achieve. Consider the benefits of a CGM before you get one!
No need to prick your fingers ten times to get a single drop of blood! Plus, no need to wait for your results or worry about visiting pathology labs after your meal or before your meal.
With a continuous glucometer, you can monitor your blood sugar at any time of the day without any problem. The results obtained are dynamic and highlight your blood sugar when you measure yourself.
A continuous blood glucose monitor measures your blood sugar throughout the day with every meal you eat and every workout you do. Since it measures your blood sugar throughout the day, it produces results in real time.
A CGM gives you accurate results every time. As a result, you instinctively know what works for you and what doesn’t. Everything we do, good or bad, depends on our habits.
A CGM helps you form better habits. For example, you know that simply adding a mixed vegetable salad with moong dal khichdi and a serving of raita works better with your blood sugar.
Healthy habits eventually change your eating behavior and lifestyle, and as a result, you become healthy the HealthifyMe way.
Easy to manage
The HealthifyPro Continuous Glucose Monitor takes just seconds to attach to your arm and start working. Simply attach the sensor to the CGM and attach the CGM to your arm.
Cover it with a CGM pad provided in the kit, and you’re good to go. Connect your CGM to your mobile phone or computer and go!
Continuous monitoring helps achieve faster change in the course of habits
It should be noted that each time you receive your progress reports, you get the spirit to work harder. With a Pro Kit, you can track your blood glucose throughout the day and get accurate results every time.
This way you can track how many calories you have burned and how many of them you will be consuming at each meal. An ongoing follow-up report is an easy way to stay motivated every time.
Understand your reaction to certain foods
Our glycemic responses to foods are very personal. Although your blood sugar may rise from a cookie but not a banana, someone else may react differently.
Additionally, our reactions to glucose are also affected by our microbiome, genes, general physical condition, sleep, stress, and what we have eaten recently.
Because of all of these factors, just reading the carbohydrate content on a label or relying on the glycemic index is not enough to help us find the diet and lifestyle that will help us maintain stable blood sugar levels.
Detect metabolic dysfunction early
We can start developing insulin resistance more than ten years before it shows up in our doctor’s fasting blood sugar test. A CGM can help us see our total postprandial glycemic response, giving us more information about how our body is handling a glucose load.
And the earlier we catch a metabolic defect, the easier it is to stop its development before it reaches prediabetes or diabetes.
You don’t need to stick needles through your fingers or arms and fiddle with these blood glucose monitoring devices.
Stick your CGM to your arm and you’re ready to burn your carbs and sugars! A CGM will work in correspondence with your body throughout the day and give you the results accordingly.
How to make the best use of a CGM?
To get the most out of CGM, you need to take severe measures to maintain your health stats.
You can’t eat junk food all day and expect your CGM to show false results! Eating well and exercising regularly are two simple steps to getting the most out of your continuous glucose meter.
How can you get a CGM?
To get a HealthifyPro CGM, you need to register with Healthify. Once you have registered, you can order the Pro version and the scale kit.
This fully-featured kit includes a CGM, smart scale, metabolic test in the comfort of your home, an ongoing interaction window with your trainer, and multiple trackers like calories, sleep, water intake, and studio workouts Fit.
How much does a CGM cost?
A CGM can be a bit more expensive than a generic weight loss plan because it uses technology to deliver dynamic and accurate results immediately.
Driven by AI technology, a continuous blood glucose monitor presents your results quickly and displays them on your phones and laptops. The accuracy of the results and the personalized experience of each measurement is worth the price and the hype.
Advantages and disadvantages of using a Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM)
Benefits of a Continuous Glucose Monitor
- It is perfect for people with type 1 diabetes as it helps to check blood sugar as needed throughout the day.
- It offers more comprehensive results than traditional blood glucose testing methods.
- Easy to manage and track your daily progress.
- Access to consistent and accurate data about our blood sugar levels can help us make informed, healthy food and lifestyle choices to support our longevity and well-being.
Disadvantages of a continuous glucometer
- Not affordable for many as it consists of delicate sensors and built-in artificial intelligence technology. Thus, this device may be a bit pricey for some people.
- A little discomfort during installation at first. It may take you a while to figure out how to strap a CGM around your arm.
- Not so easy to understand at first, but eventually you will get familiar with it.
A CGM is a facilitator that helps you understand how your diet and lifestyle affect you. Therefore, it allows you to approach your health in a specific way.
We all know the importance of good nutrition and a healthy lifestyle; what we miss is that we don’t know how much we are affected by seemingly innocent dietary intakes.
For example, a standard Indian plate with multigrain roti, paneer and salad may be perfect for you at lunchtime. However, it may not work if you consume it at 4 p.m. and never leave your desk.
A CGM records all the spikes we experience from diet and lack of exercise. Life is uncertain and the best we can do is take care of ourselves to be there for our loved ones. Therefore, go ahead and take charge and look at health from a different angle with the use of this innovative tool.