Summer may not be everyone’s favorite season, but it’s definitely the best time to take a vacation, relax, hit the beach and soak up the rays. If you’ve been on a trip with your friends or significant other recently, you’ll understand what we’re saying. You may also have noticed that your skin looks two colors darker because it is tanned at this time. And you might be wondering how to get your tan off your face overnight. UV rays like UV A, UV B, and UV C penetrate your skin and cause melanocytes to synthesize excess melanin. Melanin is a pigment that gives color to your skin and hair.
Home remedies to remove tan:
Here are some home remedies that will help you lighten, lighten and detan your skin.
Cucumber is widely used in remedies to improve the skin.
- Grate a fresh cucumber and squeeze the juice out of it. Apply this juice on your skin and leave it on for 15 to 30 minutes and wash off with water.
- Alternatively, you can grind whole cucumber and add some lemon juice if desired and apply this juice as a face mask.
2. Papaya honey:
The papain enzyme present in papaya is an excellent debronzing agent.
- Mash a handful of papaya and add some honey.
- Apply it on the face and neck. Leave for 20 minutes and rinse gently.
3. Bengal Gram:
The popular Indian remedy for tanning removal is bengal gram flour and turmeric.
- Take a tablespoon of Bengal gram flour and add a few pinches of turmeric, a little lemon juice and some curd to it.
- Make it into a thick paste and apply it on a clean face.
- Leave it on for 15-30 minutes and rinse gently.
4. Lemon and honey:
Lemon is known for its whitening properties while honey for moisturizing the skin.
- To use this face mask, take 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and add some honey to it.
- Apply and leave it on for 30 minutes and rinse gently.
Note: Do not apply lemon and go out. It could cause skin irritation.
Oatmeal and Buttermilk: Oatmeal is an exfoliant and buttermilk softens the skin.
- To use it as a face mask, take 2 tablespoons of soaked oatmeal and add 2 tablespoons of buttermilk to it.
- Add a teaspoon of honey which is optional and mix evenly.
- Apply this mixture evenly on your skin and leave it on for 30 minutes. Wash it in cold water.
5. Potato juice:
Potato juice is a good whitening agent and can also alleviate sin.
- Peel a potato and apply the juice to canned areas such as the face, neck, hands and feet.
- Leave it on for 15-30 minutes and gently wash it off with cold water.
6. Yogurt and Tomato:
Foods rich in antioxidants, tomato and yogurt rich in lactic acid are good skin lighteners.
- To a cup of tomato juice, add 2 tablespoons of yogurt and apply it on your skin.
- Leave on for 15-30 minutes and rinse gently with cold water.
7. Treatment Options:
Along with many home remedies for tanning, there are also a few cosmetic treatments that can significantly reduce tanning, but might cost you a few extra bucks.
8. Chemical Peels:
- This treatment removes the outermost layer of the skin which mostly contains dead cells that have accumulated.
- They use compounds such as salicylic acid, lactic acid, glycolic acid or trichloroacetic acid.
- Depending on the concentration and intensity of results, chemical peels can be categorized into superficial peel, medium peel, and deep peel.
9. Laser Toning:
- It is a process performed by a dermatologist who uses lasers to break down melanin pigments in the skin.
- Laser lights convert light to heat and target melanin.
- This treatment does not damage other tissues.
10. Anti-tan cream:
There are many anti tan creams available online and in the market these days that are very effective. Nut or cocoa scrubs are good for exfoliation.
- Removal of dead skin cells that have accumulated amounts of melanin pigment.
- There are two types of microdermabrasion namely crystal microdermabrasion and diamond tip microdermabrasion.
- Crystal microdermabrasion involves using a spray to remove dead cells using a wand while diamond-tip microdermabrasion involves the direct use of an applicator.
Ingredients that can lighten skin
Here are some ingredients that improve skin condition and eliminate tanning.
1. Vitamin C:
Vitamin C acts as a tyrosinase inhibitor that reduces melanin production by blocking the enzyme g tyrosinase responsible for melanin production.
Vitamin B3 or niacinamide helps eliminate tanning by preventing nearly half or more of the melanin pigment from reaching the skin.
3. Kojic acid:
kojic acid inhibits melanin synthesis and brightens the skin.
Licorice roots are made up of liquid and glabridin which prevent tanning and also help in removing the tan.
They prevent cell damage due to free radicals and also prevent oxidative stress in cells. Foods like green tea, tomato, etc. are rich in antioxidants.
How to prevent tanning
- Use Solar cream lotions obligatorily before going out, especially in summer
- Use a minimum of SPF15 for skin protection, but during summers it is recommended to use at least SPF 50 for good protection.
- Cover yourself properly during the day
- Wear breathable cotton clothing
- Avoid going out between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., especially in summer.
- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated
- Avoid wearing dark colored clothes and wear light colored clothes.
- Apply a debronzing cream if you are tanned or before going out in the sun.
The first and most effective approach to getting rid of a tan is to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. Tans normally fade on their own as your skin sheds tanned skin cells and replaces them with new ones. If you want to lighten the appearance of your skin, you can use treatments, anti-tan products, or simple home remedies. Apart from them, maintain a regular skin care regimen and consume nutritious and healthy meals to keep your skin healthy and glowing.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Is the face tan permanent?
The tan is temporary since the skin exfoliates on its own. This results in the peeling of the tanned skin. Skin that is no longer needed is lost and replaced with newer, healthier skin.
2. Which treatment is best for removing the tan?
- chemical peels
- Laser treatment
- Hydrating skin
3. Which scrub removes the tan?
Brightening papaya scrub, coffee scrub remove tan.