Losing weight is possible even if you are not on an extreme diet. It takes determination and effort to go from an unhealthy weight to a healthy one. The key to losing weight is getting the right amount of exercise and eating a balanced diet rather than limiting your calorie intake to extreme levels. Often people give up when they realize they are making mistakes.
It is very important to be consistent with your diet while losing weight because it reduces the likelihood of burning fat deposits and prevents fat accumulation around your midsection. This article will discuss some common mistakes among weight loss dieters that can easily be avoided if you follow the right plan.
How to lose weight?
Here are some tips for losing weight
- If you want losing weightit is essential that you focus on what is most important for your health and well-being.
- It is important to eat higher quality meals and snacks that are more filling than regular meals.
- Never skip breakfasts. Your body needs energy and nutrients to start the day.
- Also, be sure to drink plenty of water to keep your body fit.
- Exercise routines that are not balanced will cause exhaustion and gradually spread to other parts of your daily life.
- Be sure to include plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet, only if your diet allows. Add antioxidant-rich, fiber-rich fruits and vegetables.
- Plan your meals according to the type of diet recommended by your dietitian/doctor. If you haven’t consulted any dietitian, please consult with them for best results and to avoid any health complications later.
- Make sure you’ve done enough research on the diet and exercise plan you want to follow. Also, remember to know all the possible side effects of the diets and exercises you want to follow. Consult an expert, to find out if the preferred diet and exercise is right for you or not.
- It is important to stay motivated during workouts. So choose a good ambient location and appropriate music to keep you on track during your workout regimens.
- Losing weight can be a challenge for everyone. It also requires some configuration. However, the hardest part is often knowing what you should eat instead of how you eat.
- Getting enough sleep to make your diet and exercises work is very essential. You need at least 6 hours of sleep for your body to function properly and release all stress. Not getting enough sleep can also increase your appetite, which can eventually lead to obesity.
What can be your diet plan to lose weight
There are many diet plans that have proven to be effective and have shown great results. Although dieting is difficult, it is a proven systemic way to get faster results. Here are a few diets which can be helpful in achieving your weight loss goals.
1. Keto diet:
Also known as the ketogenic diet, it is a high protein, high carbohydrate diet with little to no carbohydrates. It requires a lot of planning and must take consultation from your doctor before starting this diet. It is difficult to maintain this and continue this diet initially as side effects may include nausea, diarrhea, fatigue, etc. until your body gets used to this diet.
2. Dash Diet:
dash diet decreases your salt intake, in order to reduce your sodium intake which causes high blood pressure. It also focuses on increasing fiber content, to lower blood pressure. This diet is very useful for people with high blood pressure.
3. Intermittent fasting:
Instead of focusing on food, it focuses on timing your meals. It limits the intake of food to certain times of the day or even during certain days of the week. Intermittent fasting has many different types and be sure to do enough research before starting any type of intermittent fasting.
4. Paleo diet:
The paleo diet is a mix of high-protein, fruit-and-vegetable diets. Legumes, salt, sugar, etc. are avoided in this diet. Although it has its own benefits, it can still cause side effects like nutritional deficiency.
5. Vegan Diet:
It is best suited for those who do not consume animal products such as milk, meat, eggs, etc. It can also reduce weight if taken correctly, but can increase certain nutritional deficiencies.
6. Low Carb Diet:
This diet focuses on reducing carbohydrate intake, it helps regulate blood sugar.
What are weight loss foods?
1. High Fiber Foods:
Cruciferous vegetables like Brussels sprouts, broccoli, and cauliflower are high in fiber. Oats, quinoa, etc. should be included in your diet. Oats are a fiber-rich food that also fills your appetite, makes you feel full quickly and releases energy slowly.
2. Nutrient-dense foods:
Include more plant-based foods in your diet. As your body goes through changes, exercises, and acclimates to a new diet, it needs proper nutrition for you to see improvements.
3. Foods rich in antioxidants:
Antioxidants protect cells from free radicals formed during various metabolic processes. Although there are no direct benefits of antioxidants regarding weight loss, they have an indirect effect on it. Green tea, berries and dark chocolate are rich in antioxidants.
4. Nuts and seeds:
Nuts contain protein, fiber, and healthy fats that reduce waist circumference and overall cholesterol. There are energy-dense foods that could keep you up all day. Take it between your meals when you need your energy boost.
Protein is an essential part of your diet. Never neglect your proteins as they are key building blocks for building new cells, repairing cells and also providing energy.
6. Other supplements:
One can use other food ingredients and also supplements which can boost your weight loss progress to a good level. It is important to be familiar with the components beforehand and to consult your doctor before taking any supplements.
Some of the good foods and supplements you can add to your diet are:
It contains acetic acid which will help break down fatty acids. It also suppresses your appetite and reduces fat storage.
Garcinia Cambogia also known as Malabar tamarind in some regions, the rind of the fruit contains hydroxycitric acid (HCA) which works by suppressing the appetite and also helps in reducing fat mass.
The resin is mainly used in Ayurveda for weight loss, hypothyroidism, skin infections, etc. It significantly lowers overall cholesterol and also decreases appetite.
L-carnitine is an addition to the burning of fatty acids, thereby reducing overall weight.
Make sure that before taking any supplement or adding any food to your diet, consult your doctor/dietitian.
How to lose weight at home?
Covid-19 has disrupted many lives and drastically changed people’s lifestyles. While everyone has been adopted to working from home or studying from home, having a sedentary lifestyle is going to shatter your weight loss goals. Here are some ways to lose weight at home–
1. Appropriate and balanced diet:
Have foods rich in nutrients that your body needs. Fiber-rich foods like oats contain complex carbohydrates and fill you up with small portions. Include healthy fats from sources like coconut oil, ghee, etc. Also include protein and nuts.
2. Maintain schedules:
As mentioned before, never skip breakfasts and maintain regular times for each meal.
3. Increase your daily activity:
It is very essential to exercise every day and keep increasing your workout duration, especially if you have a sedentary lifestyle due to work or even covid-19. Make small lifestyle changes to include physical activity. For example, using a bicycle for short distances, taking the stairs, walking your pets, etc.
Yoga, cardio, swimming, strength training, whatever form of training you prefer, each form has its own path and purpose. Choose them wisely and do your workout regularly in the morning or evening.
5. Reduce stress:
Stress often increases health complications and induces weight gain due to hormonal changes. Do things that calm you down and allow you to balance your professional and personal life.
3 biggest and most common weight loss mistakes
If you think there is a quick fix or magic bullet to weight loss, it sets us up for failure and disappointment. Celery juice, detox, keto, or several other popular diets are a temporary fix at best. Unless you want to make dieting a permanent lifestyle, any lost weight will come back. Removing whole food groups, such as carbohydrates, deprives the body of essential nutrients.
Overestimating Exercise Calories
Studies have shown that, on average, people overestimate the number of calories they burn by up to 28%. The accuracy of smartwatches or devices also varies in terms of reliability. It’s actually quite difficult to count calories outside of a lab. When you try to meet a calorie deficiteven a lack of 200-300 calories a day can make a huge difference.
Weight loss occurs when you consume fewer calories than you burn. So people inevitably eat less to lose weight. Unfortunately, this will not be sustainable or healthy in the long run.
What are the weight loss myths and mistakes?
There are a number of mistakes people make when trying to lose weight. One of the most common mistakes dieters make is cutting out fat. Although fats are essential in the diet for the body to function properly, eliminating them significantly reduces the calories consumed and burns more body fat.
Many people are afraid of losing weight because they fear breaking habits or going on a diet without losing weight. But what many don’t realize is that a successful weight loss program is entirely possible at any time and by eating the right diet and making certain lifestyle changes, you can burn pounds anytime.
To lose weight fast, we usually end up making a lot of mistakes that hinder our progress. Losing weight in an unhealthy way can be more harmful to your body. A healthy diet, adequate sleep, proper hydration and a stress-free life also play a key role in weight loss. If you want to add supplements to your diet to speed up the weight loss process, you can visit our website for March by GHC to buy our Weight Loss Max product.
Frequently asked question
1. Is fasting good for weight loss?
Research suggests that alternate day fasting is as effective as a typical low-calorie diet for weight loss. Fasting also impacts metabolic processes in the body that can help reduce inflammation, as well as improve blood sugar regulation and response to physical stress.
2. Is intermittent fasting safe?
Intermittent fasting is safe enough for most people, but it’s not right for everyone. Skipping meals may not be a good way to manage your weight if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding. If you suffer from kidney stones, gastro reflux, diabetes or any other medical condition, consult your doctor before starting intermittent fasting.
3. What are the trainers’ tips on losing weight?
6 workout tips to lose weight
- Prepare your meals in advance.
- Cut out empty calories and fill them with healthy snacks.
- Seek advice from a personal trainer.
- Enjoy eating and lose weight.
- Go easy on the exercise.
- Do not be discouraged; set an easy and achievable goal.
1. Calorie estimation for adults of different body weight and weight loss categories Status