Summer has arrived and it’s the perfect time to enjoy the sun! But wait, are you forgetting something? That’s right, your sunscreen! No one wants to look like a lobster after a day at the beach or a basketball game. And guys, don’t think you’re immune to UV damage. It’s time to protect yourself and your skin with some of the best men’s sunscreens on the market. Let’s dive in and find the perfect sunscreen to keep you cool all summer long!
What is SPF in sunscreen?
SPF is a way to determine the level of protection provided by a sunscreen against UV rays. It measures the amount of solar energy needed to produce sunburn on skin protected by sunscreen compared to unprotected skin. The higher the SPF value, the higher the protection against sunburn.
How to apply sunscreen?
According to AAD, Sunscreen is an essential part of any skincare routine as it protects your skin against skin cancer and premature aging caused by harmful UV rays. However, proper application is crucial for it to be effective.
Choose the right sunscreen:
Apply sunscreen correctly:
- Apply sunscreen 15 minutes before going out
- Use enough sunscreen, about 1 ounce or a full shot glass
- Carefully rub the sunscreen into the skin
- Remember to apply sunscreen to all bare skin, including face, ears, neck, tops of feet and legs
Apply sunscreen regularly:
- Reapply sunscreen every 2 hours, or immediately after swimming or sweating
- Use a lip balm with SPF 15 or more to protect your lips
- Apply sunscreen to your scalp or wear a hat if you have thinning hair
- People who get sunburned usually don’t use enough sunscreen or don’t apply it after being exposed to the sun.
Remember that your skin is exposed to harmful UV rays every time you go outside. Whether it’s sunny or cloudy, hot or cold, applying sunscreen is an important step in protecting your skin and preventing skin cancer. Don’t forget to consult a board-certified dermatologist for more skin cancer prevention tips.
When to apply sunscreen?
Here are some simple steps you can follow to easily incorporate proper sunscreen application into your skincare routine.
After the moisturizer:
- Apply sunscreen after following a MC Routine.
- Start with a gentle face wash, toner, and light moisturizer.
- Apply eye cream after moisturizer.
- Once your moisturizer and eye cream have been absorbed, apply a generous layer of sunscreen to your face and neck.
- For your body, apply body lotion first, then apply sunscreen afterwards.
Before going out :
- It is recommended apply sunscreen for at least 30 minutes before sun exposure.
- This allows the sunscreen to be absorbed properly.
- Applying it beforehand ensures that it is not wiped off with sweat.
- Reapply sunscreen if skin is exposed to the sun for long periods of time.
- Reapply every 30 to 60 minutes.
- Helps maintain the skin’s defenses to prevent sun damage.
- Opt for a minimum SPF 25 sunscreen if you are indoors, and a minimum SPF 50 if you are outdoors.
Spray it on:
- Spray-on sunscreens are especially useful for outdoor activities and quick reapplication when on the go.
- They are easy to apply and do not damage the base of your skin.
- Opt for spray sunscreens specially designed to be reapplied.
How to choose a sunscreen?
Tips for choosing sunscreen:
Look for a broad spectrum:
Make sure the sunscreen you choose says “broad-spectrum,” which means it can protect your skin from both UVA and UVB rays.
Choose SPF 30 or higher:
The American Academy of Dermatology recommends using a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher for adequate protection.
Opt for waterproofing:
Dermatologists suggest choosing sunscreen labeled as “water resistant” to ensure it stays on damp or sweaty skin for a while before you need to reapply it.
Check the water resistance time:
Not all sunscreens are water resistant, so check the label for the duration of water resistance. It usually lasts 40 or 80 minutes.
Which sunscreen or moisturizer to apply first?
Think of sunscreen as the “grand finale” of your skincare routine! To ensure you are well protected from the sun’s harmful rays, always apply your SPF product as the last step after applying your moisturizer. By doing this, you’ll create a shield that can help ward off any pesky UV radiation that comes your way. So, remember to save the best for last and add some extra sunshine to your day!
To take with
Men should also incorporate sunscreen into their daily routine to protect their skin from harmful UV rays and prevent skin damage, premature aging and skin cancer. Applying a broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 30 and reapplying it throughout the day can help keep their skin looking healthy and youthful.
Is sunscreen good for boys?
Yes, sunscreen is good for boys, just like it is for girls. Anyone who spends time outdoors should use sunscreen to protect their skin from harmful UV rays.
Should men wear sunscreen daily?
Yes, men should wear sunscreen daily to protect their skin from the harmful effects of the sun, including skin cancer and premature aging.
Does sunscreen remove the tan?
Although sunscreen cannot remove an already developed tan, it can help prevent further darkening of the skin and protect against further sun damage. To maintain protection against harmful UV rays, it is essential to reapply sunscreen every two hours when spending time outdoors.
- HOW TO SELECT A SUNSCREEN – DAA
- HOW TO APPLY SUNSCREEN – DAA
Stay informed and stay healthy!
Get the best in health and wellness with our brands – March & Saturn. We believe in providing quality, evidence-based products and services that positively impact your well-being. That’s why we have assembled a team of experts to create informative and educational content related to various health topics. From skincare tips and advice on sleep habits to the latest news on sexual performance and personal hygiene, we strive to keep you informed and equipped with the knowledge you need to live your best life.