Creams are now very fashionable and popular in the skin care industry among all men and women. People use it for various reasons and beliefs, one of which is the desire to look young and vibrant.
Around the eyes, the first signs of aging are often observed. Because the skin around our eyes is thinner than the skin on our face, it dries out faster and is more vulnerable to environmental irritants like UV rays.
Crow’s feet, folds and wrinkles are caused by the continuous movement caused by winking and facial expressions. In addition, sebum (oil), a natural moisturizer, is present in lesser amounts around the eyes. Eye creams are thicker and contain more creams and conditioning ingredients than face lotions as they are designed for the delicate skin around the eyes.
The aging process of your face is mostly concentrated around your eyes. They also have thinner skin, which is more prone to puffiness, dryness, and tenderness when you’re sleep deprived or exhausted.
5 Benefits of under eye cream:
In addition to moisturizing the skin, rreduce the appearance of puffiness and dark circles, and providing protection against UV rays and other environmental aggressors, eye creams also contain regenerating and repairing ingredients for the skin. Many also contain anti-aging ingredients that help reduce wrinkles, fine lines, and crow’s feet.
Since most products are a mixture of different ingredients, it is advisable to choose an eye cream according to the type of skin problem you are having. So look for eye lotions that have been reviewed by ophthalmologists first.
1. Lighten dark circles under the eyes
Several things can create dark circles, but if the reason is thinner skin behind the eyes, an eye cream can make the skin look deeper.
2. Reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
Even though smiling and laughing are good for the soul, the skin around the eyes becomes irritated. Small wrinkles around the eyes are therefore often the first sign of aging. The eye cream moisturizes the eyes, which helps mask their appearance.
Since fine lines give character and are a normal part of aging, unfortunately there is no magic therapy that can get rid of them. We also don’t believe they should be erased. But sufficient hydration will give you a more vibrant and youthful appearance.
3. Protect yourself from the environment
Eye cream helps your skin do its job by acting as a barrier between you and other outside influences like pollution and cosmetics.
4. Skin hydration
Compared to the rest of the face, the skin around the eyes is often drier. For this reason, your eye skin may need more targeted hydration, even if your chin or forehead is oily.
5. Skin health
One of the The most significant benefits of hyaluronic acid in an eye cream are its strong anti-oxidant and healing properties, which ensure that any micro tears caused by exfoliation or everyday life will heal quickly. Besides the main benefits of eye cream, we advise you to choose your eye cream according to its specific composition.
Does eye cream help with dark circles?
Yes! Dark circles can be intimidating. Under eye creams can be very helpful in reducing their appearance. Under eye cream is essential for keeping skin smooth and preventing symptoms of aging. The skin around the eyes is more delicate and prone to developing signs of aging such as wrinkles, fine lines, dark circles and puffiness.
Can dark circles disappear naturally?
Yes, dark circles can disappear naturally, but it takes both patience and time for an individual. Natural remedies for dark circles are:
- Apply a cold compress
- Get extra sleep.
- Raise your head.
- Stay hydrated.
- Soak with tea bags.
- Try eye creams.
home remedies for dark circles
1. Cold compress:
Apply a cold compress for about 10 minutes in the morning or evening – or better yet, morning and evening.
The best approach for try this dark circle minimization procedure is to keep a mask in your fridge and take it out twice a day.
Just keep it clean by giving it a deep soapy scrub once or twice a week!
Bioactive substances and vitamins present in cucumbers can block tyrosinase activity. Pigmentation around the eyes may be reduced. Cucumbers contain skin lightening and mildly astringent characteristics, so you can use cucumber slices to treat raccoon eyes naturally.
- Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices and refrigerate for 30 minutes to try this procedure twice a day.
- Then for 10 minutes leave the slices on your eyes.
- After use, rinse your eyes with warm (not hot) water.
Lycopene, an antioxidant beneficial for heart health, eyesight, and skin, is found in abundance in tomatoes. Lycopene can help you achieve softer, more supple skin and reduce the appearance of dark bags before your eyes. To take advantage of the medical benefits of lycopene in tomatoes:
- Mix equal parts tomato juice and lemon juice and apply to the under-eye area with a cotton ball or makeup remover pad.
- Again, avoid getting lemon juice in your eyes.
- Wait 10 minutes for the solution to set before rinsing twice a day with lukewarm water.
- Drinking a delicious concoction of tomato juice, lemon juice and mint leaves daily will also benefit your health and skin.
4. Cold tea bags:
If you don’t have a cold compress or mask on hand, try tea bags instead. Many teas, like green tea, contain antioxidants, which have anti-inflammatory qualities and can help relieve tight capillaries around the eyes.
- Soak a tea bag in clean water and leave it in the fridge for 30 minutes to use as a compress. Wrap the used tea bags around your eyes and relax.
- Twice a day, after 10 minutes, remove and wash off with lukewarm water.
Potatoes contain a surprising amount of vitamin Cwhich is beneficial for the formation of collagen and thus promotes healthier and younger looking skin.
- Grate potatoes to harness the power of vitamin C to heal your bags under your eyes.
- To prepare make-up remover cotton pads, squeeze the potato and soak them in liquid.
- Apply the pads to your eyes for about 10 minutes before rinsing them off with lukewarm water.
6. Cold milk:
Vitamin A, which is found in dairy products like milk and contains retinoids that help keep skin glowing and youthful, is abundant in dairy products.
- Soak a cotton ball in a bowl of cold milk for a few minutes to enjoy the vitamin A benefits of milk.
- Apply the milk to the bags under the eyes with the pad and leave on for 10 minutes twice a day.
- Rinse well with lukewarm water.
Use the recommendations mentioned above to benefit from eye creams for your health. Be careful when applying eye cream. Using your finger, apply a pea-sized amount of product to your skin and pat it in. Avoid using too much product because if it comes into contact with your eyes, it may irritate them.
Use eye creams in the morning, evening, or both. Choose one with SPF if you apply it in the morning to protect your skin from wrinkles and sun damage. At bedtime, use a rich, hydrating formula.
1. Can coconut oil remove dark circles?
Coconut oil is a useful remedy for reducing the appearance of dark circles under the eyes as it is a powerful yet gentle natural anti-inflammatory. In addition to brightening, it moisturizes to help prevent fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes.
2. What deficiency causes dark circles?
Iron deficiency causes dark circles.
3. Is petroleum jelly good for the under eyes?
Vaseline is a proven method for replenishing skin that looks dry and tired and for locking in moisture, keeping the skin around the eyes smooth and elastic.
Naveed Akhtar1, Arshad Mehmood2, Barkat Ali Khan1*, Tariq Mahmood1, Haji Muhammad Shoaib Khan1 and Tariq Saeed, Exploring Cucumber Extract for Skin Rejuvenation