Ajwain (Trachyspermum Ammi) is one of the oldest herbs used for its medicinal properties. It is known as carom seeds in English. These tiny seeds are an essential spice in many Indian curries as they aid in digestion and absorption. They are also popular in grilled or raw form.
When included in various cuisines, ajwain seeds offer a unique flavor. The benefits of ajwain, however, go beyond its flavor and aroma.
Ajwain seeds are rich in fiber, antioxidants, and other vitamins and minerals. Therefore, they have a variety of health benefits. In addition, they are beneficial for weight loss.
Ajowan for weight loss
Ajwain seeds are fantastic for your health as they are packed with carbohydrates, fiber, protein, and fats. Plus, they contain niacin, potassium, thiamin, sodium, phosphorus, calcium, and other health-promoting vitamins and minerals.
Ajwain or carom seeds aid in nutrient absorption and increase metabolism. They speed up your body’s metabolism, which allows food to travel faster through your stomach. Subsequently, less fat is stored in the body, which accelerates weight loss.
According to to research, thymol, an essential oil found in ajwain, has exceptional medicinal qualities. Thymol is well known for curbing food cravings by suppressing appetite, increasing energy, and providing your body with incredible nourishment. Additionally, thymol helps you lose weight fast by speeding up your metabolism and reducing acidity. In-vivo studies found that thymol inhibits obesity. It reduces fat accumulation, improves insulin sensitivity, improves leptin sensitivity and decreases lipid action.
Take a teaspoon of ajwain powder or add it to your green tea or water right after waking up or before breakfast for better metabolic process.
Benefits of Ajwain Water for Weight Loss
You can use ajwain for weight loss in different ways. For example, one can consume ajwain water for weight loss, which is simple and effective.
According to studiesyour body can release gastric juices through the active enzymes in ajwain water, which will help reduce indigestion and acidity.
Regularly consuming ajwain water on an empty stomach in the morning can help you lose 1-2 kg per month. However, one must exercise and follow dietary guidelines. Ajwain facilitates the absorption and digestion of nutrients. It helps you lose weight because it prevents fat from accumulating.
Note from The Fitness Freak
Ajwain water increases metabolism, decreases fat storage and fights toxins to increase energy. As a result, it allows you to lose weight quickly and naturally. However, it goes without saying that exercise and food management are crucial in your weight loss journey.
Ways to Make Ajwain Water for Weight Loss
You burn more calories when your metabolism level increases. For example, better digestion reduces flatulence, which speeds up the metabolism. So you can burn fat faster.
- Servings: 2
- Total time: 5 minutes
- Ajwain seeds: 2 teaspoons
- Water: 2 cups
- Roast two teaspoons of ajwain seeds over low heat until they release their distinctive aroma.
- Put about 2 cups of water on the stove to boil.
- Add the toasted ajwain seeds and continue to stir until the mixture turns brown.
- Strain the water and enjoy your weight loss drink once cooled.
Ajwain honey water
The minerals, amino acids, and vitamins found in honey all work together to help us control our metabolism.
In addition, honey stimulates particular hormones in our body that reduce appetite and prevent us from consuming too many calories. Combined with ajwain, this mixture can help you lose extra body weight quickly.
- Servings: 1
- Total time: 5 minutes
- Ajwain seeds: 2 tablespoons
- Water: 1 cup
- Raw honey: 1 tablespoon
- Soak 2 tablespoons of ajwain in 1 cup of water overnight.
- Strain the water the next morning and add 1 tablespoon of honey to it.
- Take this empty stomach in the morning.
- Three months of daily consumption will yield noticeable results.
Note from The Fitness Freak
Ajwain water is popular because its preparation requires little effort and is excellent for weight loss. However, there are many different drinking methods including ajwain tea, ajwain honey water, ajwain green tea, etc.
Your lifestyle decisions, including eating habits, exercise routines, and sleep patterns, greatly influence your health and well-being. For best results, always eat a balanced diet that matches your lifestyle.
HealthifyMe is the world’s most advanced health-fitness platform that supports better nutrition. HealthifyMe app users have access to tracking toolstheir calorie intake, water intake, activity levels and weight loss. Clients can also get real-time professional coaching and advice that helps them achieve their goals and maintain their health.
HealthifyPro comes with CGM, expert trainer consultations, and a smart scale that analyzes your weight in terms of body fat percentage, muscle mass, and more. Then baseAfter your assessment, knowledgeable nutritionists work with you to design a personalized diet and track your progress.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. Can ajwain water reduce weight?
A. Ajwain water aids in digestion. Therefore, it prevents fats from accumulating and helps people lose weight. In addition, it increases metabolism. Thus, drinking ajwain water can significantly help in weight loss.
Q. What happens if we drink ajwain water daily?
A. Rich in iodine, phosphorus, calcium and potassium, ajwain has several health benefits when consumed regularly. Drinking ajwain water regularly will relieve indigestion. Make sure to drink it every morning on an empty stomach. Better digestion would limit weight fluctuations, which would indirectly promote weight loss.
Q. Does ajwain reduce belly fat?
A. Improving an individual’s metabolism helps in weight loss. Ajwain helps in overall weight reduction as it reduces fat accumulation.
Q. Which is better, jeera water or ajwain water for weight loss?
A. Ajwain is well known to help improve digestion and speed up metabolism, thus aiding in weight loss. On the other hand, jeera water has excellent cleansing properties, curbs food cravings, increases metabolism and aids in weight loss. Both ajwain and jeera are incredibly low in calories and, in addition to their therapeutic benefits for effective weight control, are perfect for frequent consumption in your weight loss diet.
Q. Who should avoid ajwain?
A. People allergic to ajwain seed may experience nausea, vomiting, and dizziness due to the thymol present in the seed. Additionally, ajwain can decrease blood clotting due to its ability to thin the blood. Accordingly, it is advisable to avoid ajwain and its supplements when taking medications that slow blood clotting.
Q. Can I drink ajwain water at night?
A. Consuming ajwain water on an empty stomach in the morning is the ideal time to consume ajwain water. This will help you have a better metabolism throughout the day and aid digestion.
Q. Is ajwain cold or hot for the body?
A. Ajwain has hot power.
Sources of support
1. Nagoor Meeran MF, Javed H, Al Taee H, Azimullah S, Ojha SK. Pharmacological properties and molecular mechanisms of thymol: perspectives of its therapeutic potential and pharmaceutical development. Before Pharmacol. 2017 Jun 26;8:380. Doi: 10.3389/fphar.2017.00380. PMID: 28694777; PMCID: PMC5483461.
2. Haque MR, Ansari SH, Najmi AK, Ahmad MA. Thymol, a monoterpene phenolic compound, prevents high-fat diet-induced obesity in a mouse model. Methods Toxicol Mech. 2014 Feb;24(2):116-23. doi: 10.3109/15376516.2013.861888. Published online December 5, 2013. PMID: 24175857.
3. Bairwa R, Sodha RS, Rajawat BS. Trachyspermum Ammi. Pharmacogn Rev. 2012 Jan;6(11):56-60. doi: 10.4103/0973-7847.95871. PMID: 22654405; PMCID: PMC3358968.
4. Fass R, McCallum RW, Parkman HP. Treatment challenges in the management of gastroparesis-related GERD. Gastroenterol Hepatol (NY). 2009 Oct;5 (10 Suppl 18):4–16. PMCID: PMC2886367.
5. Platel, KSinivasan, K. Studies on the influence of dietary spices on food transit time in experimental rats. EurekaMag. Nutrition Research 2001; 21(9): 1309-1314. doi: 10.1016/s0271-5317(01)00331-1