How to Practice Regularly and Stay Motivated
A new year gives us that feeling of a fresh start and so we feel the drive to make a change and embrace the opportunity of a fresh start. Many of us want to make positive changes to our health and well-being, but those changes don’t always last that long! Having worked hard throughout my career to inspire and motivate children and adults to get involved in sport, exercise and Pilates, I thought it would be a great idea to share some advice and inspiration with you to help you stay motivated this year. . If you do…you’ll enjoy a whole range of health benefits.
- Set an objective – Long-term goals are good, but often short-term ones are more achievable and help you on your way to achieving longer ones. Sometimes it’s good to focus on one day or week at a time. Your short-term goals can be as simple as walking for 20-30 minutes daily plus one Pilates class per week. So stay consistent and stick to your action plan! The more you achieve these goals, the better you will feel and the more you will want to do! The more you do, the better the results! Also, write it down and keep a visual record or journal of what you did. It can be great to look back and see how far you’ve come.
- Schedule a regular time – The one that is achievable systematically every week. Schedule it in a calendar or phone with a reminder! This will help you create a new habit, so that it becomes part of your daily or weekly routine.
- Think variety and fun! If it’s boring and uninteresting, it won’t work. Find a class you like…you can join with a friend or join remotely with someone else.
- Think about what you want to feel – Constantly remind yourself of your goals and how you want to feel. Keep a vision in your mind of the end results. You could keep a diary/diary of how you feel after taking your course.
- Try to practice early in the day if possible – It’s always a good start. Also, how about getting all your exercise equipment ready the night before to make it even easier. If you train at home, you can prepare your mat and equipment and even leave them out if possible… or at least within sight as a reminder!
- Use motivational quotes – These can offer great motivation and inspiration to help you stay on track. The refrigerator can be a good place for these!
Let’s make sure 2022 is a fresh start… make it your opportunity for change and success! The more you practice, the better the results!
Will it be easy? Probably not! Will it be worth it? Absolutely!
For more motivational and positivity tips, be sure to follow me on instagram and Facebook!
Join one of my group Pilates classes
Contact me for help and advice